It was the week before Christmas and The bug that was felling my friends and colleagues had reached me. Lucky I lots of nice fresh to get me through!
Restoring soup – several meals cooked in one go and one pot, and the perfect food for anyone with a lack of appetite.
- Celeriac, carrots, leeks and potatoes with cooked pearl barley added post blending.
- Served with wholemeal English muffins
Burgers – to tempt a tiny appetite
- Vegeburgers in wholemeal buns with mayonnaise, pickle slices and a handful of mixed salad leaves
- Potato fries
- Delicious crunchy carrot sticks
Stir fry – good straight from the pan and reheated well for a portable lunch
- Rice noodles stirred fried with tofu, onion and glossy green Calvo Nero
- Sauce of peanut butter and soy with a final drizzle of sesame oil