You know how it is; you get side tracked and then realise that it’s late, you still haven’t had dinner and you’re hungry!
I started with:
Tofu – from a batch I made in the morning
Pattypan squash – from my veg bag but any summer squash would be good
Chopped ginger – I bulk prepare my ginger and freeze it, and I like it chunky
Cooked rice – retrieved from the freezer
Soy sauce – always in my cupboard
- Add a good splash of oil to a frying pan. Get it really hot before you begin frying tofu slices (or they will stick). Don’t worry if the tofu breaks up a bit but keep frying until it’s a golden brown.
- Chuck in chopped squash and ginger -I like plenty of chunky ginger but your mileage may vary.
- Once the squash is softening bung in the rice and give it all a good stir.
- Add a hefty splash of say sauce and mix it in.
- Cook util the rice is heated through.